Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Inventory.

My friend Heidi of http://www.completelybarkingmad.blogspot.com/ wrote a post a while back about what to do with the running shoes she's miled out. Keep them? Toss them? She had one pair she wasn't sure what to do with, and considered leaving the pair in her husband's car -- just in case.

At the time, I thought this was a brilliant idea because I know Heidi's husband and could envision how thrilled he would be with the extra cargo, stored indefinitely or until he and Heidi come across a flash-triathlon. Unlike flash-floods, the flash-triathlon can be deadly, what with the spandex and all.

Miling out running shoes is not a concern on my horizon right now, although I did mile out my container of 95% fat-free Cool Whip and you better believe I got on top of that situation. However, I can completely relate to the vehicle as storage unit mentality.

My car currently contains the following items:
  • One Christmas gift bag containing pink bubble bath, a tea towel with an embroidered reindeer and a generic card. Thank you Secret Office Santa.
  • One roasting pan, with lid.
  • The Sears catalogue. Summer edition.
  • A blender, in two pieces.
  • Five DVDs belonging to a friend.
  • Nasal spray.

In my defense...I totally needed the nasal spray last week and I plan on removing it from the storage box just as soon as I can. As for my other belongings, I'll have the last laugh when my morning commute calls for a margarita and pot-roast. Just wait.


1 comment:

Heidi Schempp Fournier said...

'I did mile out my container of 95% fat-free Cool Whip' LOL!

Some day I hope to 'mile out' a whole container of pre-made chocolate icing! Ahh, dreams!