Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm like a circle.

I've been trying to decide whether I should be writing with some kind of angle. Some bloggers write exclusively about their passions -- their kids, their pets, purses, gardens or TV shows. I have no such angle. Or passion. My greatest passion in life so far is...well...me. So that's the angle I'm going to go with.

Over the years, I've proven a source of great entertainment for my friends provided I was single and engaged in some sort of social life. I could always be counted on to have something profoundly ridiculous happen to me.

While shacked up with my last boyfriend I became very boring, and I thought my life was supposed to take a turn for the mind-numbing. Isn't that what happens when you're settled? I was so settled I practically disappeared.

Now that I'm back, I know people who are salivating at the possibilities. Surely it's only a matter of time before Bambi ends up on a date with a Corvette-driving, born-again midget. It's happened before. Frankly, I'm looking forward to it too, because now I have a place to record the ridiculousness for posterity.

No comments: